We collect the following information about you:
– Registration: Information provided when you create an account with us or otherwise subscribe to the App or join our mailing list, which may include your name, gender, email address(es), telephone number(s), driver’s license or other government issued means of identification, age, text messaging information and other contact information associated with electronic or digital messaging methods or vehicles and payment information;
– Communicating with us: Information you provide us when you contact us for support or with questions, or when you seek to apply for a job with us or seek to become a service provider or seek us to provide you services;
– Third parties: Information obtained (a) when you visit one of our partners’ websites as part of the App we provide; (b) when you provide information via social media pages; (c) when you contact our partners, suppliers or associates; (d) from information service providers, public sources, credit reporting agencies or anyone authorised to act on your behalf;
– Device Information: Device-specific information (including, for example, your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, and phone number), which associate with your account;
– Log Information: Information in log files, including, for example: (a) details about how you use the App, including passwords, logins, individual device identifiers, geo-location statistics, check-ins, page views, time of use of the App, uploads and other information about how you interact with the App; (b) internet protocol addresses; (c) device event information like crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language and the date and time of various actions you have taken; (d) telephony log information like your phone number, calling-party number, forwarding numbers, time and date of calls, duration of calls, SMS routing information and types of calls; and (e) cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account;
– Location information: Information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may, for example, provide us with information about nearby devices like Wi-Fi access points and cell towers;
– Cookies and similar technologies: A cookie is a tiny data file that resides on your device that allows us to recognise you when you use the App using the same device without you needing to login to your account.
Not all of the information that we collect from you is personally identifiable, but we may associate it with personally identifiable information that we have collected.
We collect personal information in various ways, including in person; over the telephone (which may include by way of monitoring and recording telephone calls); through the App; through our websites; on hard copy forms; through written communications including letters, facsimiles and emails; from third parties, including publicly available sources, information service providers, credit reporting agencies or anyone authorised to act on your behalf, agents, employees, subcontractors, suppliers and services providers, our partners and related entities.
We use your personal information to provide, maintain, protect, and improve the App, to develop new services, and to protect us and our users. This including using the information to:
– allow you to use the functions of the App;
– provide you with receipts and notifications relating to the use of the App;
– administer the App;
– respond to specific requests from you;
– understand your use of the App and make improvements to the App and other existing and future products and services;
– create a unique, personalised experience for you in connection with various Venues, their related sponsors and partners, and related retail locations;
– provide tailored information and features regarding your use of the App, including tailored information based on your location in and around various Venues, our related sponsors and partners, and related retail locations and transactions;
– protect the security or integrity of the App;
– prevent unauthorised use or disclosure of content that has been downloaded or otherwise accessed via the App;
– promote and market BarM8, Venues and BarM8’s related sponsors and partners and their various products and services and to assist in the business planning, marketing, advertising and sales efforts of the foregoing parties; and
– send you promotional information, products and services offered by third parties that we feel may be of interest to you, including information about new developments, events, features and enhancements, special offers, upgrade opportunities, surveys, contests, news and general offers.
We may also allow other companies, called ad networks, to serve advertisements to you via the App. Ad networks include third party ad servers, ad agencies, ad technology vendors and research firms. We may target some ads to Users that fit a certain general profile. To deliver these ads properly, the App may include features that allow monitoring technologies so that the ad networks are able to provide anonymous, aggregated auditing, research and reporting for advertisers as well as to target ads to you. Ad networks may use non-personal information, such as your postcode, past buying behaviour, in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of particular interest to you while you use the App.
We do not share personal information with companies, organisations and unless one of the following circumstances applies:
– To facilitate a transaction: We share personal information when appropriate to facilitate your transactions with us or our third-party partners or to perform various functions under the App, such as the processing of credit card payments by our gateway provider;
– To facilitate participation in an Event, Booking, Deal, and/or Offer: We share your name, mobile phone number with Venues who are responsible for fulfilling your requests made via the App;
– For an enhanced experience: We may provide your personal information to Venues to allow them to create an enhanced, enjoyable, unique or personalised experience for you when you dine with them and to allow them to promote and market themselves to you;
– For legal reasons: We will share personal information with companies, organisations or individuals if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
– meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
– enforce applicable EULA, including investigation of potential violations;
– detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
– protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of BarM8, our users or the public as required or permitted by law;
– With your consent: We will share personal information with companies, organisations or individuals outside of the BarM8 group when we have your consent to do so;
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners and potential partners – like investors, publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of the App.
If you wish to access the personal information that we hold about you, if your personal information changes, or if you no longer wish to receive non-account specific information from us, you can access, correct, update and/or ask us to remove personal information about you that we have collected by emailing your request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the functionality contained in the App (if any). When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we act on your request. We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems). Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We seek to protect information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from the App, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
You can choose whether or not to disclose certain personal information when we ask you to do so, but some functions of the App may be more difficult or impossible to use if you choose not to disclose certain personal information, and your experience in using the App will not be as personally tailored.
To opt out of further direct marking from us, please contact us at [email]. To opt out of further communications from a marketing partner or sponsor with whom your information has already been shared, please contact that partner directly. Please note that your personal information may still be disclosed to third parties to the extent that you provide it to third parties using the App (e.g. by posting it using functionality in the App).
We place great importance on protecting us and our users from unauthorised access to, or the unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of, the information we collect. We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorised access to systems. Information about Users that is maintained on our systems (or the systems of those who provide service to us or on our behalf) is protected using industry standard security measures. However, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee that your personal information will be completely secure. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures of the App by any Users or third parties. As such, we recommend that you use caution whenever submitting personal information online whether to us or to anyone else.
If you are using the App from any location outside of Australia, the personal information we collect will be transferred to — and used, stored and otherwise processed in — Australia, which is where we are based. We are unlikely to disclose your personal information to recipients outside of Australia.
11 Huon Place, Bella Vista, NSW 2153, Australia
We will endeavour in the first instance to deal with your complaint and take action to resolve the matter. If your complaint cannot be resolved at the first instance, we will ask you to lodge a formal complaint in writing, explaining the issues of your complaint, how you believe your privacy has been interfered with and how you believe your complaint should be resolved.
Upon receipt of a formal complaint, we will acknowledge receipt and indicate the timeframe that you can expect a response. We will endeavour to resolve the complaint as quickly as possible, but if the matter is complex and our investigation may take longer, we will let you know when we expect to provide our response.
If you are unhappy with our response, you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner or other appropriate body.